Do you love Fresno? Do you love art? If yes, the... Enter Now
Bandgeek!: The General, Sahab and the last of the Strawberry Jam
You may not feel like going out this weekend.
Some of your behaviors on New Year's Eve no doubt earned you some time off.
This is for the rest of you. The ones who will brave the outside world hangover cures in hand. It's another installment of BANDGEEEEK! your weekly guide to all of the area's musical happenings.
- It's ArtHop/Jazz Hop and once again Frank's Place hosts the Fresno Folklore Society. W/ old timey music from Doc's Holiday, Jim and Lynn Ross and Eveyln Fey. 6 to 9 p.m. Free. All ages. (Flier link)
- The World Didn't End Tour brings metal from Limits, Shyper Shay, In Theory, Beneath the Veil and Messenger of the Covenant to CYC. 6 p.m. $5 All ages. (Flier link)
- Sahab, Nae Alma, B Free and Son Savage are at Audie's Olypmic. 9 p.m. $8 or $5 online. (No flier link)
- Billed as the Four Donkeymen of the Atacolypse, this might be the most eclectic show ever. W/ Brian Kenney Fresno, Scury Shane Spears, Niilo Smeds and the General Populus. At Audie's. 9 p.m. $6. 21 and up (Flier link)
- It's a second show for Sahab this week. This time he'll be down in Visalia at the Cellar Door, where he opens for Louisiana-band Royal Teeth and Gentlemen Hall from Boston. 9:30 p.m. $7. 21 and up. (Flier link)
- The CYC has punk f'in rock, Stress Relief, Drug Culture, Grow..., Squid Squad, Crush and Wallflower. 7 p.m. $3. All ages. (Minimalist flier link)
- It's a night of rock and roll at Hanford's Civic Auditorium. W/Born Betty, Samara, I Do Not Exist, Murder Park, I Kill Cameron and The Mermaid Theory. 6 p.m. $5 at the door. All ages. (Flier link)
- Nick Terrified presents punk rock at CYC, with HRBRS, Dead End Alaska, Safety Hazard, Dylan Rivetti, Outcomes, Hang Your Head and the Horse I Road. 7 p.m. $5. All ages. (Flier link)
- It's a sad day for the Friendcore scene. It's the final show for the all-grrl super group Strawbbery Jam. Ironically, it's also a CD release show of sorts. W/Sci Fi Caper. At Art House Gallery. 7 p.m. $3. All ages. (Flier link)
- Sound n Vision hosts an early show. W/ local country rockers Poor Man's Poison, plus Stable Hands. At the Cellar Door. 8 p.m. $7. (Flier link)
That's what we found anyway. Feel free to add your own in the comments section, or email me at email@example.com.