Michael Jackson History II show, starring... Enter Now
Bandgeek!: Grooveyard, Glamour Tronic and a Checkered Past
Kai, the homeless hitchhiker with a hatchet (try saying that five times fast), made national news this week by ... I still can't quite figure that out and I've seen the viral video more than once. If you haven't, it's worth a view (or two).
Also, worth a look and listen? Any number of musical options happening this weekend. Let's jump right in and BANDGEEEEEEK!
- Thursday, Feb. 7 – It's ArtHop, so there is a lot going on. Frank's Place at the Warnor's Theatre has acoustic indie-rock with Before Perils and Underwater Track Team. 7 p.m. Free. All ages. (Flier link)
- At the Babylon it's hip-hop from Awol One (from LA). Plus Tommy V, Gel Roc, THC, Robert Hart and E. Rose. 9 p.m. $10, $12 at the door. (Flier link)
- It's Journey tribute band Midnight Run, plus Shockwave. At the Starline. 9 p.m. $7. 21 and up. (Flier link)
- Kuppajoe hosts bay area bands Picture Atlantic, Dogcatcher and Indian School. Plus locals Sea of Sound. 7 p.m. $4 (online), $6, $8. All ages. (Flier link)
- Grooveyard host its CD release, with HammerDown Sindrum and From the Fallen. At the Babylon. 9 p.m. $5. (Flier link)
- It's a birthday bash for Bob Marley, with local reggae rockers White Glove Service and the Green Machine. At the Cellar Door in Visalia. 9:30 p.m. $7. 21 and up. (Flier link)
- The Soulflower Group presents Up for the Down Stroke, an evening of Black Rock covers, funk and original joints. Sure to be some Prince. At Audie's Olympic. 9p.m. $8. (Flier link)
- It is pure county at Bottoms Up nightclub, with Nashville Recording artist Buck Ford. 9 p.m. $10 advance tickets. (Flier link)
- Frank's Place continues a nice run of blue-ish shows with Deja Blues and west Fresno bluesman Joe Walton. 8 p.m. $5. All ages. (Flier link)
- Local hardcore/metal at the CYC. W/Farooq, Limits, Every Hand Betrayed, Compassion, Forever Rising and Embrace the Nightmare. 6 p.m. Free (but please support the bands). All ages. (Flier link)
- Sahab, Loverboy and The Lifeless Night are at Audie's Olympic. 9 p.m. $5. (Flier link)
- Ska/reggae/punkers Checkered Past have their Bag of Tricks Ep release show. W/MKC, ReLion, The White Glove Service and Dr. Devito. At Babylon. 7:30 p.m. $5. (Flier link)
- It's the final show for electronic punkers Glamour Tronic. Plus Secret Plot to Destroy the Entire Universe (from Philly), Divided Heaven , Wolves (both from LA) and locals Reunion, Gorilla Stomp and Santa Mira. At CYC. 6 p.m. $4. All ages. (Flier link)
- It's the CD release show for rock band Not Perfect Humans. Plus the Byran Vickers Band. At the Cellar Door in Visalia. Early show 8 to 10 p.m. $5. 21 and up. (No flier link)
- The Crossroads (we will quit calling it the New Crossroads now) has the ultimate '80s dance party band Members Only. 8 p.m. No word on a cover. (Flier link)
- Reggae locals Irie Sun play what is sure to be an intimate show at Veni Vidi Vici. 10 p.m. Free. 21 and up. (Flier link)
- Blake Jones and The Trike Shop put on a rock and roll circus, with Felson, from the bay area, plus Matthew Embry and the NoCo Dancers. At Full Circle Brewing Co. 8 p.m. $5. This is fundraiser for the Rogue Festival. (Flier link)
- Fulton 55 holds hands with the Fab Four tribute Abbey Road. 8 p.m. $15-$20. (No flier link)
That's what we came up with. Feel free to add your own finds in the comments, or email email@example.com.