Sometimes we get stuff in the mail that is too good (well,... Enter Now
Bandgeek!: Spanspek Strangeloves, Preludes, Woodcocks, Sonnymoons and Total Chaos
New research suggests that having an overabundance of choices can actually lead to poor decision making. If that's the case you're screwed because holy crap if there ain't sooooo much going on this weekend.
Let's take a looksie. Let's BANDGEEEEEEKK!!
- Visalia's Sound n Vision Foundation brings Depeche Mode tribute band Stranglove to the Cellar Door. Show starts at 9 p.m. $10 (Flier link)
- In Orosi, it's the annual Spanspek Music and Arts Festival with a full lineup of local bands, including Achievement House, Sci-Fi Caper, Pro Wings, Collecto, Werebear, Basura and Sahab. 5:30 p.m., $5, all ages. At the Orosi Memorial Hall. (Flier link)
- Kuppajoe Nightclub has a night of hardcore with I Catch Fire, Watchers and Hunters, The Imperial and locals Dependence. 7:30 p.m., $8 at door, all ages. (Flier link)
- Say goodbye to local rockers This Planet Prelude at their final show. With The Mermaid Theory and more. At Club Retro. 7 p.m. $10 at the door. (Flier link)
- It's blues night at ApCal Winery, with Deja Blues. 7 to 10 p.m. No Cover. ApCal is at Ave. 7 at the 99. (Flier link)
- Embrace the chaos at Blackbeards with a night of intense rap and rock. Merduh the Innocynce, E. Rose, the Creeps, Violent Serenade, GPA, Posewun, Whiskey Row, Young Benoe and Dawning of a Massacre, 5 p.m. to midnight, $15. All ages. This is a benefit for the Nick Gilbert Foundation. (Flier link)
- If you like dirty, sexy blues rock, spend the night at Audie's Olympic, with LA's Potty Mouth, Lightning Woodcock (and the Badass MFers) and locals Cousin Fister. 9 p.m., $8, 21 and up (obviously) (Flier link)
- Love the Captive presents the punky-dance rock of Adventure Gallery, with locals Greener By Color at Fulton 55. 9:30 p.m. This is a FREE show. (No flier link)
- Delano metal band Skyper Shay host its EP release show at the CYC, with Reno's Built The Cross, and locals The Days Gone and Embrace the Nightmare, and To Frame Olympus from Merced. 6 p.m. $8. All ges. (Flier link)
- B Rawcity brings live alternative soul music to Veni Vedi Vici w/ F.T.M. 9 p.m. 21 and up. This is a no-cover show. (Flier link)
- Love the Captive presents the return of electronic dance duo SonnyMoon, with San Francisco's B. Lewis and local Sahab. At Fulton 55. 9:30 p.m. $10 to get in. (Flier link)
- At the Starline it's retro-glam rock with oe of the originals Faster Pussycat. With Gutterfish and Sabbath tribute Children of the Grave. 8:30 p.m. $15. (Flier link)
- The Soulflower Group presents a tribute to the music of Minneapolis, with House of Sound covering Prince, The Time and more. Plus DJ Cleen and K Pizzle. At Audie's Olympic. 9 p.m. $8. (Flier link)
- Pizza joint Mother Mary's hosts ska band Pocket Money for a free, all ages show. 9 p.m. (Flier link)
- Visalia's Cellar Door hosts local old school punkers Toxic Shock for an early show. 8 to 10 p.m. $5., 21 up. (Flier link)
- It's a big night for local punk-rock fans. Fresno Pyrate Punx presents Total Chaos, with The Velisha, Final Threat, Mental Disaster from San Jose, Gorilla Stomp and The Genetics. 6 p.m. $6. All ages. (Flier link)
Well that's what we managed to find, but we admit we don't know everything. If you know of a band playing, a weekend event that's not on here, or you want to talk about what IS on here, please use the comment section of this post to its fullest!
You can also email me this blogger at: firstname.lastname@example.org