Do you love Fresno? Do you love art? If yes, the... Enter Now
Bandgeek!: Fresno covers Fresno + Alice Cooper, GunsNRoses
Now that that whole election thing is done, we can get back into the normal flow of things. So here's your list of this weekend's musical happenings. Here's your Bandgeeeeeeeeeek!
- Club Mercy presents Alex Church's singer-songwriter project Seawolf, with Hey Marseilles from Seattle. At Fulton 55. 9 p.m. $13, $15 day of show. (No flier link)
- At the Starline, it's Alice Cooper tribute Alice in Cooperland, with local Sabbath tribute Children of the Grave. 8:30 p.m. 21 and up. (Flier link)
- Because you can't ever trust Alex Rose to show, Fulton 55 has the next best thing, the GNR tribute band Lose Your Illusion. 9 p.m. $15, $17 day of. (Flier link)
- Kuppajoe has Streetside Vinyl from Bakersfield, with Saving Temperance, The Unbelievable and Jake Streete. 7 p.m. $6, $8 day of. All ages. (Flier link)
- Eastern European world music via Portland, Brothers of Baladi comes to Full Circle. 8 p.m. $10. 21 and up.
- Fresno Brewing Company hosts a free, all ages show with Hawk Jones (from San Jose), Strawberry Jam, I Do Not Exist and Murder Park. 7:30 p.m. (Flier link)
- Local rocker Keeney hosts a release party for his new CD "Happy Hour." With Circles, Soul Intact and the Lions. At Audie's Olympic. 8 p.m. $10 get you in and a free CD. (Flier link)
- Fulton 55 hosts Phat Laces, a classic take on throw back Hip Hop with Dj Leonard L. Longmire and Sev Samples. 9 p.m. This is a free show. (Flier link)
- Rapper Too Short is at the Tulare County Fairgrounds. 8 p.m. (Flier link)
- My pick of the week: The Sea of Sound ep release, with the Vespers, and Le Wolves. At Kuppajoe. 7 p.m. $6, $8 day of. All ages. (Flier link)
- My other pick of the week: Fresno covers Fresno, with Werebear, B. Rawcity and It'll Grow Back. This is a fundraiser show for a FUSE fest compilation CD. At Tokyo Garden. 9 p.m. $5. 21 and up. (Flier link)
- Legendary harmonic player Lucky Lopez is at Audie's along with BabyBee and The GoodFellas. This is an early show. 4 p.m. $5. (Flier link)
That's all we found. If you know better, let us know by commenting below. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.