Here is your chance to win passes to the Fresno Art Museum,... Enter Now
Bandgeek!: Wailers, Grizzlies and a Winter Jam
Plenty of people will be making their way downtown this weekend. Word is, there is an ice-rink on the Fultom Mall and a bunch of pre-teens just waiting to help you get back on your blades (and off your butt).
Also: A bunch of 30-somethings waking up with bruises.
If you want to hear some live, local music between applications of Bengay, we've got you covered. Here are all of this weekend's musical happenings. Get ready for another installment of Bandgeeeeeeek!!
- Love the Captive presents a night of all-out indie rock with Portland's Talkdemonic and San Francisco band Extra Classic. Local faves Sunburns open. At Fulton 55. 8:30 p.m. $7, $10 at the door. (Flier link)
- Things are loud down at the CYC with hardcore bands Orphans and Damaru (from Colorado) and locals Cabin Fire. 7 p.m. $4. All ages. (Flier link)
- It's a big one for reggae fans. Futlon 55 hosts the Original Wailers (as in Bob Marley's band). With locals Irie Sun. 8 p.m. $12 to $15. (Flier link)
- Fans of U2 with enjoy the tribute band The Joshua Tree, in Visalia at the Cellar Door. 9:30 p.m. $10. 21 and up. (Flier link)
- MMM productions has a night of local metalcore with Variance, It The Deceiver, Failed Creation and Embrace the Nightmare. At Kuppajoe. 7 p.m. $6, $8 day of show. All ages. (Flier link)
- Hometown hero Fashawn headlines Grizzly Fest 2012, featuring a dozen rap and hip-hop acts including Murs and Diego Redd and Shake Da Mayor. At the Fresno Fairgrounds. 6 p.m. $22. All ages w/a beer garden for those over 21. (Flier link)
- Get down with a night of blues at Audie's Olympic. Mo-Fo Party Band plays with so-cal blues legend Whiteboy James and the Blues Express. 9 p.m. 21 and up. (Flier link)
- Drink and listen local as Tioga-Sequoia teams up with Sound N' Vision Foundation to host Sir Sly (from LA), with Sea of Sound and Allan Benton. At the Cellar Door. 8 p.m. $5. (Flier)
- At the Warnor's Theatre, it's the Rock Band Expo 2012, featuring rock en espanol and more. With Vispera, Basura, Galleta 3D, Irie Sun, Aire Especial, Kanvaz, Love Star and Rockimera. 5:30 p.m. $15. (Flier link)
- It's another MMM production at Kuppajoe. This time it's the EP release sow for local hardcore band Dependence. With Strawberry Girls (ex-Dance Gavin Dance) and The Horse I Rode. 7 p.m. $6, $8 at the door. All ages. (Flier link)
- Starline has the music of 90s industrial rockers Rammstein, as played by tribute band Du Hast. With Death Alley Motorcult and Don't Tell Her That. 8 p.m. $10 in advance. 21 and up. (Flier link)
- Christian Rock's largest annual tour comes to Fresno. It's WinerJam 2012, featuring Toby Mac, Jaime Grace, Sidewalk Prophets and more. 10 band for $10. At the Save Mart Center. 5 p.m. (Flier link)
- Female fronted metal from LA with The Butcher Babies, plus Gemini Syndrome. Jukebox Nightmare and Dawning of a Massacre open. Plus Walking Dead on the TV. At Fulton 55. 5 p.m. $12. 21 and up. (Flier link)
That's what we found. If you know better, let us in. You can email me at email@example.com.