Here is your chance to win passes to the Fresno Art Museum,... Enter Now
Bandgeek!: Door, vines, bowling and 40 watts of futureshock
Thanksgiving week is always chock-full of events. The thought being, people are going to need some excuse to get away from their crazy families (for a few hours at least). So, shaked off that turkey/gravy/mashed potato/pumpkin pie-induced coma go see some live musi c (after you've done your American duty and hit the black Friday sales).
We present BANDGEEEEEEK!, the Thankgiving edition.
- 40 Watt Hype plays Fulton 55. With King Sugar. 9:30 p.m. $10-12. (Flier link)
- It's AC/DC tribute Big Balls, punk rock from It'll Grow Back and special guests Backstabbers and Lungbutter. At Audie's Olympic. 9 p.m. $5. 21 and up. (Flier link)
- If Jim Morrison is more your thing, Starline has Doors tribute Double Doors. 9:30 p.m. $10. (Flier link)
- Down in Visalia it's indie rock with Strange Vine plus local (Visalians) Indosurf and Ocher. At the Cellar Door. 9:30 p.m. $10. 21 and up. (Flier link)
- And a super exciting night for fans of industrial/gothic/new wave and electro music. It's Futureshock 10 anniversary show. Featuring Daniel Ash, plus Djs Maverick Cadaverick, Traxxxi, Antimusick, Wreckweim and Astral Corpse. At Fresno Express on Blackstone Ave. 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. $10. 21 and up. (Flier link)
- It's a night of ska/ska/ska with White Glove Service and Fresno legends Let's Go Bowling. At Fulton 55. 9 p.m. $8-10. (Flier link)
- The Tower Theatre hosts a benefit show for musician Bruce Conte, featuring the Bruce Conte Band (with specials guests Coleman Head, Ray Appleton and Don Heflin), plus Foreigner tribute Double Vision, Snail and Vinyl. 7:30 p.m. $29-$39. (Flier link)
- DIY punk rock at the CYC, with Uranium Orchard, Heavy Air and locals Murder Park and MKC. 7 p.m. $4. All ages. (Flier link)
- Local promoter Religious Appeal goes to Visalia for a Sound N Vision team-up. With The Light Thieves and Cayucas (from Santa Monica). 8 p.m. $5. 21 and up. (Flier link)
- Crossroads hosts a rock and roll fundraiser for a local family that lost their home in a fire. Featuring some of Fresno's best and funnest musicians...D.k. Revelle and Pirate Radio, Lee Walker and Friends Chris Patrick Chamblee. Members Of Damaged Goods, One Last Caress, Tangent, Trial, The Anti-Heroes and more. 1 p.m. (No flier link)
So that's what we found. Feel free to add what we missed. You can contact me at email@example.com